Here are a number of facts about PMI and the PMP Exam you may find interesting:
- As of March 31, 2012, there were over 472,000 PMPs worldwide.
- The PMP – is by far – the most internationally recognized certification for project management.
- Surveys show that project managers with the PMP certification are paid, on average, 14% more in salary than non-PMPs
- The U.S. Federal government is making the PMP a requirement for all their project managers and program managers.
- Many enterprise corporations also require their project managers to be PMPs.
- If you are looking for a PM position, you will significantly improve your chances by having a PMP
- As of March 31, 2012, there were over 382,210 members in PMI – (an increase of 10% from March of 2011)
- PMI was started in 1969, and the first PMP exams were administered in 1984